Hi Sam,

I read it the same as you do: Barros for the father and Bairos for the
grandfather.

It must be a mistake; in the parents' casamento "Bairos" is written for
both groom and father.  .

*http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-C-1860-1869/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-C-1860-1869_item1/P56.html*

<http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-C-1860-1869/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-C-1860-1869_item1/P56.html>

Bill Seidler