Dear John,

I have several lines that are ending (so far) in Ajuda da Bretanha.  I seem
to be in deep in both the Santo António além Capelas and Ajuda da Bretanha
freguesias.  I’m willing to share what I have.

To answer the question in your post, I am not sure if I am a Miranda or not.
I have not yet seen this surname in my tree, but since I now have so many
lines headed into Bretanha, and Bretanha is not so populated, perhaps we
are in the same tree?

Let’s see…

Below is a list of couples at the top of my tree so far, who I believe were
married in *BRETANHA*. Each couple listed is at the top of each branch.

*António Martins and Barbara Teixeira* - marriage about 1664

*André de Teves and Leonor de Sousa* - marriage about 1670

*Manoel Vasconcellos and Barbara de Medeiros* - marriage about 1715

*Pedro da Ponte and Barbara Cabral *- marriage about 1795

*José Carvalho de Mello and Anna Maria / Anna de Jesus* - marriage about
1795 (I believe that José Carvalho de Mello is a natural of the island of
Santa Maria, and I know that Anna Maria / Anna de Jesus is a natural of
Santo António.  I THINK that their marriage may have taken place in
Bretanha).  I am also 80% sure that the parents of Anna Maria / Anna de
Jesus are António de Oliveira and Thereza Botelho.  Since I cannot find
José and Anna Maria’s marriage record, I cannot prove that yet.  I believe
António de Oliveira is also documented as António de Viveiros Oliveira, and
Theresa Botelho is also documented as Theresa Soares Botelho.  If that is
the case, then I estimate the top of their branches to be: António de
Oliveira and Maria Martins, marriage est. ca 1705, and António de Viveiros
Falcão and Theresa da Costa, marriage est. ca 1705.

*Manoel de Souza Faria and Anna de Medeiros* - marriage about 1725 - Since
António Sousa Faria is their son, and in his marriage record it says that
he was a natural of Bretanha, I am guessing that Manoel de Sousa Faria and
Anna de Medeiros were married in Bretanha too.

Some of the lines that I have in Santo António go back further if you have
an interest there too.

Kind Regards,

Lisa