Yes, I put my names as:
Given: Manuel de
Last: Mello

Some programs don't separate out the given and the last (or surname). In
that case, you use slashes: Manuel de /Mello/. I don't remember which
genealogy program you have to do that with. Maybe an older one?

Legacy asks for Given and Surnames:
[image: image.png]

RootsMagic asks for Given and Surnames:
[image: image.png]

I don't have Family Tree Maker installed on this computer and I'm not a Mac
user, so I don't know what the Add a Person field looks like there.

Liz, Rick and I are "TMG Refugees." Our program (The Master Genealogist,
aka TMG) is no longer published. A couple of guys in Australia are supposed
to be working on a replacement for it (it's been 5 years already)!!!
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada