Hi Josephine,

I think I have a private email from you to answer as well. You emailed me
when I was at the Portuguese Genealogical Conference and Research Trip in
Salt Lake City. I'm home now and playing catch up in the online world as
well as my own world! LOL

You'll eventually get used to this changing of surnames at a whim type
thing.

Looks like your Jacintho Miguel de Medeiros and wife Antonia Hermina do
Rego was probably Jacintho Miguel de Medeiros over there and may have been
just Jacintho Miguel, but due to other Jacintho Miguels, tacked on Medeiros
to differentiate himself. More research will be needed. You'll also likely
find the Medeiros somewhere back in his tree. Jacintho is the old spelling
for what is now spelled Jacinto. I'm inclined to say that "Jachinto" was a
typo or someone transposing letters.

Antonia Hermina (and it may be Ermina, too), was most likely her name.
Women didn't have surnames in that time period, but she somehow knew to
state her family name of Rego so you are lucky! Because she was female, you
do see them matching the surname to her gender in that time period, hence,
the Rega.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada