Thank you for sharing with us! Have you checked this out:
Soares deAlbergaria, Eduardo, Thomas Hickling:Descendentes nos Arquipélagos dos
Açores, Madeira e Portugal Continental, Dislivro-Histórico,Lisbon: 2009.

    On Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 12:31:07 PM EDT, Cheri Mello
<gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Repost for David Ivens, david.ivens at wild-duck.co.uk
As a descendant of William Ivens and his wife Elizabeth Flora Hickling, I found
some of the information supplied here most interesting and useful, though there
inevitably some small discrepancies, as is always the case with historical
records.William Ivens had been sent out from England to establish an import /
export business for his employer William Hadfield. His friend and co-worker was
William Burnett. They arrived in Sao MIguel in 1800,William Ivens married
Elizabeth Flora Hickling while William Burnett married her twin sister Sarah
Clarissa. When Elizabeth Flora died, William Ivens then married her younger
sister, Mary Anne.I have details of their descendants should you wish to follow
this through, but William Ivens and Elizabeth's children were:William Hadfield
Ivens (1806-1882)Elizio Mario Ivens (b.1808)Thomas Edward Ivens
(1810-1880)Arthur Hickling Ivens (1813-1895)Edward Burnett Ivens
(1815-1847)Charles Fettiplace Ivens(1818-1906)Robert Breakespeare Ivens
(1822-1889)
It was William Hadfield Ivens who had lost money on an invention of his, and
triggered William Ivens' further financial ruin when he sold investments to
salvage his son.
William's 2nd marriage to Mary Anne produced four girls: Octavia, Kate, Lavinia
and Harriet.There's more, but enough for now, I think.
David Ivens (UK)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/CAKUUw_GfmUNraDp0TDeed5-EHg9NkfjR2-dcAmwkD4pnwj5rgQ%40mail.gmail.com.