Yes my grandmother used to get mad if someone called her a greenhorn. She would
boil and tell them she was born here.
I wondered if she had to go through anything to become a citizen again.   My
grandfather did become so I know she did. But I can’t seem to find his
documents.  I even had NARA look for me years ago.
But that’s OK i know he did

Sent from my iPhone