This baptism gives a date of birth of 27 Dec 1710 and baptized on 1 Jan of
the same year.  It seems obvious by dates on the surrounding records that
the birth date was actually in December of 1709.

I am curious as to what is written on lines 4 and 5 between the date and
the priest's name (...sete centos e des ????? por mim...).  All of the
other records simply say "foi baptizado por mim"

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SANTABARBARA-B-1694-1724/SMA-VP-SANTABARBARA-B-1694-1724_item1/P41.html
 (lower
left)

Concerning an earlier post about the name Velho:  In this line of my wife's
ancestors Velho is the surname at least 4 generations in a row (I haven't
found Domingos' father yet).  After four generations of males using Velho,
the son in next generation used the mother's surname of Braga.

Bill Seidler