I just found him and see the difference – close but no cigar.

rick

From: azores@googlegroups.com <azores@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Cheri Mello
Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 3:35 PM
To: Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Haplogroup K1a4a1

Rick,

Your cousin has the "a" on the end of his haplogroup. Bill doesn't have it.

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM Richard Francis Pimentel
<rickredle...@gmail.com <mailto:rickredle...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Bill Ricardo wrote:

I have thus far submitted DNA tests to both ancestry.com <http://ancestry.com>
and FamilyTreeDNA.com and I have obtained further YDNA and MtDNA results
(haplogroups G-M201 and K1a4a, respectively) from the latter.  I have further
shared data with MyHeritage.com and GEDMatch.  Up until now I have used
ancestry.com <http://ancestry.com>  as my primary tree building platform but I
discovered a few months ago that the 1,000 or so photos I had uploaded there
last year at this time had disappeared from the various family member profiles
and they, ancestry.com <http://ancestry.com> ,  were initially unable to
explain why.  Since that first revelation, they have responded to me via email
for additional data from me about my tree, such as sending them screen shots
and the like.  Frankly, I don't wish to commit to that much time to reconstruct
the info I had loaded to the site over what easily took me dozens of hours to
generate.  My thought now is that I should cancel my subscription with
ancestry.com <http://ancestry.com>  and rebuild my extended tree with My
Heritage.

My question is can My Heritage.com provide the same or comparable level of info
that I was getting from ancestry.com <http://ancestry.com>  if I subscribe to
their "Complete" service level?

Any assistance/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Obrigado/Mahalo/Thanks,

Bill Ricardo

Bill I started this under a new subject.  I noted your MtDNA test result is
K1a4a (Not sure if you left the last digit off) My great grandmother was a
K1a4a1, I actually traced down the female line to a male cousin (Robert
Carvalho) and tested him on FTDNA. What testing company did you test the MtDNA
with?

As far as trees on line I am a strong advocate of not keeping my information on
line or in a cloud. I prefer to having it on a program on my own computer.
There are several posts in the list archive about genealogy programs and a post
earlier this month on the subject.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Lee, NH

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha, Achada Grande,  Bretanha, and Ponta
Delgada,  Sao Miguel, Acores

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/00ed01d5bb61%24960e7790%24c22b66b0%24%40Gmail.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/00ed01d5bb61%24960e7790%24c22b66b0%24%40Gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .