Hi Janet,

I'm absolutely delighted that you found your Aunt in the link I posted!

The link originally showed up in my FaceBook Feed, so I thought I'd share
it to this google group.  In the back of my mind I wondered if anyone here
might be related to the musicians, but I never seriously thought someone
would make such a close connection-- so glad it did!!  Here's what the FB
post looked like in my feed:

Thanks Steve, for the link to the Azorean folk recordings in the
collection!  I've saved it and shared it too.

I have a little time today, so I thought I'd follow up on providing a
little more info on the folk recording collection.

Background info on Sidney Robertson Cowell and her WPA music project:
https://www.loc.gov/collections/sidney-robertson-cowell-northern-california-folk-music/articles-and-essays/the-ethnographic-experience-sidney-robertson-cowell-in-northern-california/

a photo of Sidney in her project office:
https://www.loc.gov/item/2017701346/

Because the FaceBook post included a cropped photo, I hoped that the larger
image might also include Janet's aunt Elsie.  Unfortunately, it didn't, but
here are photos of some of the other Portuguese participants in the project
and their instruments:

Alice Lemos Avila with Olive and Joachim Flores and Frank Cunha, group
portrait: https://www.loc.gov/item/2017701293/

Mr. Franks [Clifford Franco?], Manuel Lemos and Alberto Mendes:
https://www.loc.gov/item/2017701166/

two guitars: https://www.loc.gov/item/2017701294/

Happy New Year everyone!

:)