Hello everybody,

after a long release cycle (almost one year) the B.A.T.M.A.N. team is proud to
announce the release of:
- batman 0.3 stable
- vis server 0.3 stable
- batman advanced kernelland 0.1 beta

We used the Wireless Community Weekend 2008 in the c-Base to release our
newest version. Here are the main features in brief:

batman 0.3:
- TQ based routing algorith to overcome BATMAN III limitations
- policy routing (see: http://open-mesh.net/batman/doc/RoutingVodoo)
- policy routing script to fully control the routing table (see:
http://downloads.open-mesh.net/batman/useful-scripts-and-tools/policy_routing_script.sh)
- tunneling rewritten (only UDP based, blackhole detection and kernel module
batgat for performance boosting)
- parameters can be changed at runtime (routing_class, gateway_class, hna,
preferred gateway)
- routing_class support 4 different settings (see:
http://open-mesh.net/batman/doc/InternetTuning)
- interface watchdog (interfaces can be (de)activated dynamically)
- packet aggregation (experimental)
- official IANA port 4035 is used
- RFC draft published

batman advanced kernelland:
- layer 2 meshing based on BATMAN TQ algorithm in kernelland
- operates on any ethernet like interface
- supports IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, etc
- is controlled via /proc/net/bvatman-adv/
- bridging via brctl is supported
- interface watchdog (interfaces can be (de)activated dynamically)
- offers integrated vis server which meshes/syncs with other vis servers in
range

The latest version of batman layer 3 obsoletes batman 0.2 which is not
supported anymore. The current version (batman 0.3) is the stable version
from now on. Even though a version 0.4 might emerge we will continue
supporting 0.3 for a long time period with security fixes and stability
patches.

Download our code and have fun ! :-)

Greetings,
Marek