Hey,

> I like :). This already looks well structured for introducing more
> than one bat-interface later.

glad to hear that! :)

> Just noticed, that I don't have this /sys/devices/virtual folder
> on my Debian stable VM. But I think we should be on the safe side
> to use
> #define SYS_BATIF_PATH "/sys/class/net/bat0/mesh/"
> instead, they look equivalent and I'm having them both avaiable on
> Debian stable (2.6.26 kernel) and Debian unstable (2.6.32 kernel).

The path "/sys/class" simply contains symlinks to the real paths. On my
OpenWRT it looks like this:
ls -l /sys/class/net/
bat0 -> ../../devices/virtual/net/bat0
br-lan -> ../../devices/virtual/net/br-lan
lo -> ../../devices/virtual/net/lo

If the virtual path does not exist on your debian where does the symlink point
to ? Btw, on my debian (2.6.32) the virtual path exists but we use
/sys/class/net instead to be on the safe side.

Regards,
Marek