On Tue, 2018-10-23 at 11:02 +0800, gary wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Long for your fix. Thanks.

It's still at least a week or so out...

> I have a doubt for the issue.
> Alfred should send the info by multicast packets. So the packet's dst
> mac address should be multicast mac address.
> The packet with multicast mac address should be received by all group
> member, isn't it?
> Why does the mesh point need peer's mac address for sending the info?

The rest of the devs may be able to answer better, but I believe it is
how alfred does its data storage and mapping of the source. When I
looked at this a few months ago the way it was using the ARP table to
pull the MAC address didn't work right and required a separate ARP
request to have it work properly.

When I have a chance to dig back into it and develop the fix I can
provide more details, but that's what I recall right now. It didn't
make sense to me at first either based on the symptoms, but when I dug
through the code I realized that was what was required and just didn't
have time to put the fix in then.