Hi,

We'd intended to get this release done in time for Pycon UK, but it didn't
happen then, but it happened last week :-) Since it fits the category of "use
our stuff to build your styff", I thought some people may be interested to
hear that we're put out our latest release of Kamaelia.

The (much more) detailed version is here:
http://groups.google.com/group/kamaelia/msg/b4838d327bb7162c

The shorter version of the announcement is this:

Overview: library/framework for making concurrency easy using message
       passing components as the concurrency metaphor. Consists of a
       kernel (Axon) and collection of components (Kamaelia). Support
       for generator, thread & process based components. Targetted
       towards supporting maintenance, so /accessible/ to novices,
       but general purpose. Uses concurrency to make life simpler,
       not harder. Designed as a /practical/ toolkit.

       What sort of systems? Network servers, clients, desktop applications,
       pygame based games, transcode systems and pipelines, digital TV
       systems, spam eradicators, teaching tools, and a fair amount more :)

    Download: http://www.kamaelia.org/GetKamaelia

    Change Summary: Major update, multicore, STM, easy concurrency,
        creation of Kamaelia.Apps namespace for reuse of applications,
        *significant* amounts of new functionality, major documentation
        improvements (including full offline reference docs), support
        for using Kamaelia components cleanly in non-Kamaelia apps.
        (ie a clean linear -> concurrent interface (Handle))

    Release notes: http://www.kamaelia.org/ReleaseNotes060
    Deltas: Kamaelia 0.5.0 -> 0.6.0, Axon 1.5 -> Axon 1.6.0
    Last full release: October 2006

    New website: http://www.kamaelia.org/Home
    Reference: http://www.kamaelia.org/Components
    Cookbook: http://www.kamaelia.org/Cookbook

(for those missing the relevance, this is a project from BBC Research :)

Regards,

Michael.
--
http://www.kamaelia.org/Home