I'm working on something similar a but going down the Java route, I've managed to get my own location and can download and parse the xml feed. Just need to tie the two together. When its a bit more finished I'll post the code somewhere hopefully sometime next week. My eventual aim is to add the local news and travel feeds.

Thanks

Cathy