-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben Metcalfe
Sent: 02 June 2005 5:20
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: RE: [backstage] Google Summer of Code

I've just investigated this and it is too late for us to participate as an
organisation (see #4 in FAQ: http://code.google.com/mentfaq.html)

Also, we don't currently release a great deal of work as opensource
(although this might change in the future) - which is one of the
requirements of participation.

There's certainly some great organisations, and worthy projects, to
participate with on their list.  I'd certainly recommend anyone who's
eligible (ie a student) take part in this if it's their kind of thing.

Ben Metcalfe  :: backstage.bbc.co.uk