On 2 Aug 2005, at 13:09, Dave Cross wrote:

I'm sure I found somewhere when I first looked at this stuff a year or
so ago, but I can't find it again now. Perhaps looking at the XMLTV
site would be a good start.

The fields in the BBC "XMLTV" feeds apparently are...

  title
  sub_title
  episode_title
  year
  director
  cast
  premiere
  film
  repeat
  subtitles
  widescreen
  new_series
  deaf_signed
  black_and_white
  star_rating
  cert
  genre
  desc
  choice
  date
  start
  stop
  duration

At least that's what I have in a script that parses them. I haven't noticed a problem so far with that interpretation. The files aren't in XMLTV format at all so I don't know why they use the name, maybe it's because they originally
produced them for the XMLTV project.

hope that helps
Steve