> At 13:53 +0100 5/9/05, Nick Crossland wrote:
> >In the interests of making the competition more inclusive
> for those that
> >don't have either the knowledge or time to make a working
> prototype, perhaps
> >for future competitions you might just ask for a single sided written
> >proposal for a concept.  Perhaps the prize could include
> having a prototype
> >built?
>
> Yes, but some ideas are "NP hard", and hence, not computable.
>
> Gordo

Yeah I have to agree, you cant open it up to a point where you can enter
an airy-fairy idea and stand a chance of winning. On the other hand,
perhaps there might be scope for a category with a lesser prize for
written proposals with technical background / references. This would
stop general "Wouldn't it be nice if....." but allow people to research
ideas or use their own knowledge without having to commit the resources
required to produce a working prototype. I don't really know how you
would formalise the distinction though...