Hey Jonathan,

It was a great one-liner, and made me snigger - but to be honest, jokes
about nepotism within the BBC made on a BBC hosted list are probably
going to go down like a faintly libellous bucket of cold sick. :-) [2]

Stephen's formal response is understandable under the circumstances; the
recruitment policy here is indeed set up to prevent any kind of
favouritism, and that needed pointing out. Every so often you just have
to put on your BBC hat [2]. Tedious, stuffy,  not in the spirit of the
brave new internet and all that, but necessary if one doesn't want to
get impaled by some angry folk from HR.

All of us BBC types are in an interesting position on list, in that
we're here for fun and to take part, but we also have to walk that
awkward line between being Auntie's babies and just another listee. Bear
with our occasional humour lapses?

You picked up the grades detail from the other mails, right?

(And hey, this is me *without* my BBC hat on, and with my list-mothering
hat [3] on, can you tell?)

Kim
[1] Note: REALLY BIG affectionate smiley here.
[2] it looks a bit like the jobsworth award from 'That's Life!', if you
remember that?
[3] pink tweed, with plastic grapes and a pheasant feather.

Kim Plowright
New Product Development SCP, BBC iD&E
MC1 D6 08,  Media Centre, BBC Media Village, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12
7TQ
http://www.bbc.co.uk/entertainment http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama