On 10/30/05, Hywel Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Remember that they're all in UTC (hence the Z at the end of the time)

I must say that I did spend a lot of time thinking about timezones.
For mightyv, we store everything in the database as UTC and only
convert it to the current time (GMT now, BST last week) upon display.
Dates are one of the trickier things to manage, but Perl's DateTime
set of modules makes it easy to handle:

  # you have a floating DateTime object from TV-Anytime or your DB
  $dt->set_time_zone("UTC");
  $dt->set_time_zone("Europe/London");
  # your object is now ready for display

Enjoy, Leon