Jason,

[Apologies if this appears twice. I doubt it will though, because I
originally used the wrong 'from' address.]

I disagree. "Web 2.0", and whatever people's interpretations of this
flimsy collection of technologies and concepts is, in my view invariably
shows a shift to client-side code. At least it is at the moment. This
takes the form of javascript for the use of XMLHTTPRequest or perhaps
the wide variety of client software for RSS reading. Any software on the
server-side [I'm gritting my teeth saying this next 5 words] "in a web
2.0 world" is just allowing the data to be opened up and standardised
through an API.

Except the fact that you can't do cross-domain posting seriously
limits the ability to do client-side processing independently of a
server, and having to introduce new servers for each new 'mashups'
simply doesn't scale [1]. XForms goes some ways towards solving this,
but obviously the big problem is within browsers.

It's a tricky one!

Regards,

Mark

[1]