I find the Trust's wording careful - and wise.

It establishes a desirable goal - platform agnosticism - without constraining how that is achieved. It opens up doors to third parties (e.g. alternatives to Microsoft- or Apple-only DRM) to take independent initiatives regardless of the BBC (i.e. it reinforces an interesting market opportunity; hopefully public service broadcasters, their governing bodies and regulators in other parts of the world will take notice and add their weight - if they are not already acting along similar lines); or for the BBC to form partnerships with third parties that would achieve platform agnostic coverage; and, possibly, for the BBC (Kingswood?) to come up with its own fiendish wheeze(s).

To quote Mao Tse Tung: let a thousand flowers bloom.

- Colin

Colin Moorcraft, onTV Europe Ltd.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://onTV.eu.com