> Probably even worse. Your hurting the website even more -
> lowering the CTR [1] by registering an impression, yet user
> has no opportunity to click.
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_Through_Rate

Depends if you ever click ads...

I can only recall ever (willingly) clicking on one banner ad in, say,
seven years.  And that was seven years ago as well!  (It was a strange
First Direct one)

So if you never click on ads, then your behaviour is no different
whether you see the advert or not.

If you do click on ads, then it's a different.

Funny actually, I got a PVR recently.  And I found myself stopping my
ad-skipping, and watching an ad...  Strange world.