From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I think it's amusing when I see people bemoan the use of Flash for
> > things that sure, can be done in AJAX etc.
> I would recommend never using Flash.
> By using Flash the BBC is forcing users to enter into a legal
> contract with a third party, just to use the BBC's site.

As does using a PC in the first place.  After all, you tend to have to
buy them, "hire" one at a library etc...

And that's before you've got an operating system installed - even Linux
isn't without its legalities (GPL etal)

Actually, you've just reminded me actually of the old days when you used
to have to pay for your web browser.  I'm getting too old :)