Kim,

audacity is rather amazing for editing sound files, but I guess you'll need rather more than that.

cheers

Jonathan Chetwynd

Il giorno 19 Mar 2007, alle ore 19:03, Kim Plowright ha scritto:

So… an aquaintance is organising a pervasive gaming event on the south bank, and wants to run a mobile phone based game during the event.

Is anyone here a genius with any of the following, or know any harware types that might be willing to provide sponsorship in kind?

This is *completely without my BBC hat on* by the way.

- automated messaging service (that you can configure to only receive SMS messages so people with old phones can play) - a way of recording phone calls to hard disk (so that we can pick out the best encounters & cut together the finished poem in the translation we create)

- A connection between the two things so that you get another SMS once you've called the hotline
- an easy way of of editing the sound files together

Ideally this whole process would be automated so that we don't need volunteers to man phone lines all night...

We have no money to speak of so freeware / begborrowsteal solutions greatly appreciated... As you can probably tell from this email I am a dunce when it comes to tech stuff so please speak very slowly...

Kim