On 19/04/07, Scot McSweeney-Roberts
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Even with content
from the BBC, I pay the licence fee so why should I pay in bandwidth as
well?

Because Peer to Peer is the only current scalable way of distributing content.
Server to client just isn't scalable enough.

Server to client is also inefficient for peek loads. If you have
something that is released and loads of people go to fetch it at the
same time either your site will need enough servers to handle the peak
load, which would mean under normal load they would not being used, or
your site fails under heavy load.

Peer to Peer reduces this problem.

Slightly Off Topic, as you mentioned Ubuntu ISOs, nice to see that the
BBC is not covering this on it's technology news, it gave an awful lot
of press to Vista.

nice to see that the BBC believes in neutrality and isn't favouring
parties it has signed agreements with. /sarcasm

Andy

--
First they ignore you
then they laugh at you