my guess:

 iPlayer will go fully flash

my guess:

the archive will be split - kangaroo will only want those programmes
which are commercially valuable (order of 10,000 hours at a total
guess), which is a tiny fraction of the overall archive (1 million
programmes)

And a public value test almost certainly awaits the latter should the
BBC choose to release some or all of it as public service - regardless
of whether it's done under a view/listen only or creative re-use
licence.