Adam Leach wrote:
My point was that this top gear episode (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008gzy6) is signed, yet there is no way on knowing that until you start watching it. If i had downloaded this via the p2p client i would have been a bit disappointed, but then again its available so its better then nothing.

Yeah, and the fact that signed versions of programmes are usually broadcast after the unsigned version often leads to only the signed version being available during the period around the end of the seven-day window - this struck me as being an interesting consequence of the window when I first noticed it.

If you're like me and find yourself wanting "more of the same" when you've finished watching a programme, I suspect you could often find yourself wanting to watch content for which only a signed version is available.