Hi, I once wrote to ITV requesting some music during one of their
programmes, who forwarded me to the program controller who was able to help
further.
The BBC's website suggests you try the Points of View messageboard, saying:
'...for example, they may be able to instantly identify a piece of music or
a location which would take us several days to track down' -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview/
So looks like they have a few queries like that. If you want to contact them
directly, try here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/feedback/

./Matt