On 18 Mar 2008, at 09:15, Iain Wallace wrote:

As you wish: http://beebhack.bluwiki.com/

I think I entirely misunderstood what the point of this mailing list
was. I was encouraged to come here to discuss running the iPlayer on
exotic platforms but now we're actually doing it it seems it's a taboo
subject. Rather than try and work out the bizarre politics of this
place I'll be writing my main discoveries regarding the iPlayer on the
wiki, which is Free (in both regards).

Most of what is on that wiki should be on the Backstage site as documentation. There's not enough documentation on what's available and how it works. (Although to be fair I'm sure a lot of this isn't very well documented internally either ;-)

However it was made very clear from the start that the only thing that those discussing iPlayer couldn't do was try to break any protections on the content. That's what is causing the problems on the list and the only thing on the wiki that is contentious.

(All my personal opinion of course).

Cheers
Jonathan