On 26/03/2008, Tom Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 26/03/2008, Brian Butterworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That's great news.
> >
> > How about a BBC trial?  "Click" would be a good choice?
>
> Don't hold your breath. BBC is all non-DRM download trialed out.
>
> It's 18 months after the Creative Archive (download, watch, some
> re-use rights granted) trial closed. http://creativearchive.bbc.co.uk/
> looks decidedly dead.

Not a great suprise.   It wasn't really very "open" and the provided content
was a bit random.  Not really an Archive, it had more the feeling of a
condom dispender in the gents of a nightclub.

The Open Archive trial (some download, watch, no-re-use rights) closed
> last year, although all evidence of it appears to have been expunged
> from bbc.co.uk/archive

Oh yeah...  still there's

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://bbc.co.uk/archive<http://web.archive.org/web/20070504083421rn_2/www.bbc.co.uk/archive/>

The Video Podcast trial also closed last summer.
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/5202498.stm

A shame that, the Newsnight one was quite good.

The next step should be the BBC asking the BBC Trust to do a public
> value test on their proposals.

"public value test" = device for kicking things into the longest grass.

No sign of this having happened on the BBC Trust Website...

--
Please email me back if you need any more help.

Brian Butterworth
http://www.ukfree.tv