On 26/03/2008, Andrew Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The BBC Freesat boxes are under BBC control and 101 could be BBC (your
> region) One HD and 1  02 BBC (your nation) Two HD.
>
> Actually, Freesat boxes are ultimately under the control of Freesat (UK)
> TV, which is a joint venture between BBC and ITV plc - subtle difference ;)
> Perhaps most importantly though, the specification for launch was made
> months ago, because people do need something in order to make the boxes.  I
> have no idea if such functionality is included - but if it's not, it won't
> get there quickly.
>
> I have a Freesat connection in that I'm working on the BBCi version of
> Freesat (I should be deciding on weather map designs right now - whoops!)

After all the bleeting in the press about the "feels like" temperatures,
there does seem to be a rationale to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2008/03/feels_like.html

I'll really pleased to hear that there is a good chance that the text and
interactive services on Freesat are going to be HD.

I'm wondering if they will be animated, like little vignets from the 3D
view, that would be good.  I'm guessing we can't have PROPER 3D weather maps
that you can controll Google Earth style with the Freesat remote...

Personally, I still don't like the prediction of clouds being so
translucent, but everyone else seems to have got to grips with it.

http://www.ukfree.tv