google will crawl these as 2 different pages, no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00b3zjr.shtml?src=ip_mp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00b3zjr.shtml

that seems a real shame. helpfully (?), Google can hide all this a bit with its
"In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries
very similar to the 17 already displayed. If you like, you can repeat the
search with the omitted results included" approach...

but then that's just sweeping awkward uncool URIs stuff under the rug, IMHO.

witness:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer+Page+Three+Teens+b00b3zjr&filter=0

4 distinct pages in the google index, in total... that's because of the use of
the query string when linking thru to the iPlayer episode page. seems a shame,
following the "don't make me think!" school of web product design, to ask
search engine users to parse thru more than one google choice for what amounts
to the same page/episode...

but hey, that's just me. and i love that it's the Page Three Teens programme
and "b00b" in the URL that's brought this up.

brings a certain refreshing silliness to the typical "cool URI" proceedings, i
feel.

best--

--cs