No Dave.

The main thing *for you* is that you preserve *your* perceived freedom.  For
a lot of us, that isn't the main thing at all.  Please stop making sweeping
statements as though your world view is the only one.  If you don't want to
use non-"free" software, then don't.  Don't go trying to impose your
restrictions on the rest of us.  You don't want to code with AIR, then
don't.  Simple solution.

As ever Dave, it's all about *you*, and what *you* want.

Rich.

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Dave Crossland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2008/7/4 simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Ben's suggestion to allow the people to choose their RIA flavour whether
> it
> > be AIR, gears or whatever is very sensible.
> >
> > Surely the main thing is that a good idea gets built.
>
> Surely the main thing is that we preserve our freedom to understand
> and share the software we use to do our computation.
>
> Using software running on other people's servers to do _our_
> computation also tramples our freedom, and this is becoming more
> common with RIA technology.
>
> "If your software would keep us divided and helpless, please don't
> write it. We are better off without it. We will find other ways to use
> our computers, and preserve our freedom."
> - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7487060.stm
>
> Cheers,
>  Dave
> Personal opinion only.
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

SilverDisc Ltd is registered in England no. 2798073

Registered address:
4 Swallow Court, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 6XX