"by providing content you agree Channel 4 may use it, copy it and make any
part of it available on the Site, other internet sites, mobile, television,
radio and/or any other media channel in any format."

Nice.  That's public service for you.

2008/7/8 Matt Barber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi, wondering who's seen this:
> http://www.4ip.org.uk/about
>
> "Delivering effective, high quality public service media in an increasingly
> digital age is still pioneer territory and a real challenge ...
>
> Channel 4 has decided to take up that challenge in a radical way by forming
> the 4 Innovation for the Public (4IP) fund.
>
> The 4IP Fund aims to deliver publicly valuable content and services on
> digital media platforms with significant impact and in sustainable ways. It
> represents one of the biggest and most exciting calls-to-action for new and
> emergent digital media companies in the UK."
>
> Mentioning it because it may open more opportunities to play with content
> and have fun with technology. I'm looking at it for the first time so don't
> know much right now, but may see some interesting mashups depending on what
> is available? So does anyone have any thoughts? I'd rather keep the thread
> towards the more technical and less political, but you know, any views are
> welcome.
>

> --Matt

http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover advice,
since 2002