Would be even more cool if you could obfuscate the last octet in the
email Received: headers :-)

BTW: I like your laptop name

On a more technical note: I have access to a systems and switches
connected directly to the same Telia backbone/transit network and,
although it isn't highly conclusive, I seem to get a small amount of
consistent packet loss on that last hop to the Akamai/Yahoo machine.
Here is an mtr trace (a traceroute built up over around 5000 x 1500 byte
pings sent at 30ms intervals):

sudo mtr 213.155.157.140 -i 0.03
1500

Matt's traceroute  [v0.54]
Mon Nov  3 19:33:10 2008
Packets               Pings
Hostname
%Loss  Rcv  Snt  Last Best  Avg  Worst
 4. ldn-bb1-link.telia.net
0% 4932 4932     1    1    1     61
 5. ldn-b3-link.telia.net
0% 4932 4932     1    1    3     85
 6. unknown-213-155-157-140.yahoo.com
1% 4923 4931     2    1    2     16

OK, the packet loss is only 0.16% (if you work it out) but that is
enough to give a few TCP retries which will manifest itself as slower
average download speeds.

Regards

Phil Lewis