On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 14:29 +0000, Fraser Murrell wrote:
> Hi Terry & all,
>
> Hang in there on this one - the web hosting company (who shall remain
> nameless otherwise I will start swearing loudly) - moved my website +
> services into a special monitoring area at the beginning of the month, and
> (according to support) forgot to move it back to their production servers.
> For some reason my domain then got auto-removed from their name servers, so
> no-one can reach my site.  Frustratingly it took me a day to convince their
> support team that the problem was not a problem with my computer, or my
> ISP..  Tut!  Should apparently be fixed today though.

Fasthosts have had a bad few years.  I stopped using them when i
discovered they didn't have a backup solution and someone attacked the
Telewest cable and took all Fasthosts sites down for 10 hours
(http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/26/telewest_fasthosts/)

Anyone able to recommend a decent UK host?

Adam