2008/12/18 Andy <stude.l...@googlemail.com>:
> When is the actual platform neutral iPlayer coming out?

Apparently this is the platform neutral version

> The cross-platform nature of Adobe AIR means the iPlayer will work with Open
> Source
> and Apple Mac computers "out of the box" on 18 December, said Mr Rose.
> It fulfilled the Trust's demand that the iPlayer be "platform neutral", he
> said.

Can someone here by me a better dictionary for Christmas, that doesn't
match with what I thought neutral ment?
The most appropriate definition for neutra I found is "not supporting
or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest"[1]. Whats the
BBC's definition of neutral?

Can someone please explain how this is "not favouring" certain platforms?

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath