Hi,

Sorry, just want to post a note about a new event that I am helping
organise.

Africa Gathering : A day for thinkers, supporters, sponsors, doers,
geeks, dreamers - and everybody else to come and share, promote,
highlight, progress and evolve issues related to ICT, social networking
and technology in Africa. Saturday 25th April 2009, London.

(http://www.africagathering.org.uk/)

I am helping organise it as part of a new series of geekyoto Global
Briefings (http://www.geekyoto.com/) about other parts of the world.
Edward Scotcher, who spoke about technology and Africa last year at
geekyoto'08 is the main person behind this. Yes this is being done
without my BBC hat on :).

Its not all about technology but that plays a strong part of it.

If you are interested then let me know, or sign up at the site. If you
know someone who might be interested then please pass this on.

(we are currently still trying to source the venue, if you know of one
that might be suitable then please do let me know).

Thanks

Mark.

---
Mark Simpkins