        From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk
[mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk] On Behalf Of Brian Butterworth
        Sent: 10 March 2009 09:19
        To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
        Subject: [backstage] HD iPlayer at last!

        The BBC iPlayer <http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/>  is set to go HD "in
the next month."

        BBC Vision Director Jana Bennett let the news slip during a panel
discussion at the FT Digital Media and Broadcasting Conference. Expect a big
announcement with full details of the service in the next few days.

        It's difficult to determine exactly what form the HD content will take
at this stage; will it be 720p or 1080p? Will it be download-only, or streaming?

        http://blog.wotsat.com/page/whatsat?entry=bbc_iplayer_to_go_hd

        Good news!

        Brian Butterworth

        follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/briantist