http://blueflavor.com/blog/2006/jul/21/designing-for-mobile/ + seaqrch for
Brian Fling + Mobile for lots of extra info.

Also SimpleBitĀ¹s Dan Cederholm has done a bunch of googlable mobile stuff.

On 14/07/2009 15:09, "Brian Butterworth" <briant...@freeview.tv> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at adapting some sites to work better on mobile devices.
>
> I can do the stripping down everything to text and minimal graphics and so on,
> that's the easy bit.
>
> Does anyone know of anything reliable that can tell me the width in pixels of
> the device?
>
> I was hoping that Glow would cover this, but it does't.
>
> --
>
> Brian Butterworth
>
> follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/briantist
> web: http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover
> advice, since 2002
>

> This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
> is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you
> are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this
> message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
> please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
> your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
>

> Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
> incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for
> any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment,
> that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
> required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented
> are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
> company.

Alun Rowe
Pentangle Internet Limited
2 Buttermarket
Thame
Oxfordshire
OX9 3EW
Tel: +44 8700 339905
Fax: +44 8700 339906
Please direct all support requests to mailto:it-supp...@pentangle.co.uk
Pentangle Internet Limited is a limited company registered in England and
Wales. Registered number: 3960918. Registered office: 1 Lauras Close, Great
Staughton, Cambridgeshire PE19 5DP