Simon,
I might be wrong, but I'm sure that when you put in the parameters that are
being used in the UK for DVB-T2 you get 30Mbps of post-error corrected data.
 It's quite possible that they have changed the parameters to provide
36Mbps, but my understanding was that 30Mbps is what you will get to get the
"correct" 98.5% coverage.

I'm quite happy to be wrong about this, but I would like more proof than
Wikipedia...

It my experience that people talk up bitrates in the same way that they do
hard drive sizes.  Being an old hand in broadcast data transmission, I
always use 2^10 for my "k" and 2^20 for my "M" and so on. Other people use
10^3 and 10^6 and this effects the result...