dave - this is a wild exaggeration. The suppliers that you dislike so
are companies who provide content for the BBC for licence fee payers to
enjoy. Their interests have considered just like everyone else's.

________________________________

From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk
[mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk] On Behalf Of Dave Crossland
Sent: 06 October 2009 15:51
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] Encryption of HD by the BBC - cont ...

Scot,

You can't see how it is in the public interest BECAUSE IT ISN'T. The BBC
are very clear that they are willing to cut their own charter up to
pander to the special interests of their suppliers; there is no need for
conspiracy theories about this, they are very up front about admitting
what is going on right now.

It is the future implications that are up for speculation... if I was in
management, Id be wondering, Cameron is going to rip Auntie a new one
after the Olympics, so what can we do now to prepare?

Regards, Dave

        On 6 Oct 2009, 3:41 PM, "Scot McSweeney-Roberts"