        From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk
[mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk] On Behalf Of Barry Carlyon
        Sent: 20 October 2009 09:51
        To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
        Subject: Re: [backstage] Changes to the list

        +1 for mailman

        On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Matt Hammond
<matt.hamm...@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

                Another vote for mailman.

                On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:54:32 +0100, Ian Forrester
<ian.forres...@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

                        Hi all,

                        We're making some changes to the whole way backstage is
setup and one of those changes would affect this list directly.

                        MajorDomo is a pain and lacks the lovely new shiny
features of things like automatic archive, rss, thread notification, search,
etc. But it does have the advantage of email delivery, open and free signup.

                        So if we did decide to switch mailing system/message
board, which one would you all prefer?

                        Secret[] Private[] Public[x]

                        Ian Forrester
                        Senior Backstage Producer, BBC R&D
                        01612444063 | 07711913293
                        ian.forres...@bbc.co.uk

                        -
                        Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To
unsubscribe, please visit
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  Unofficial list
archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/

                --
                | Matt Hammond
                | Research Engineer, FM&T, BBC, Kingswood Warren, Tadworth,
Surrey, UK
                | http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/

                -
                Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To

        Barry Carlyon
        "Located Between Al-Jazeera and BBC Radio 1"

        SRA Chart Officer
        Webmaster: http://LSRfm.com - Leeds Student Radio

        http://barrycarlyon.co.uk

        mobile: 07729 048 443