Oops, same team did look into internal systems, but the noise problem is similar. I'll see if I can find their report.

Mo McRoberts wrote:
On 15-Dec-2009, at 10:33, Simon Thompson wrote:

The RF noise generated by these technologies is quite bad, it's in a band where noise can propogate worldwide via the ionosphere. It can prevent receivers locking to, or demodulating a signal.
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp-pdf-files/WHP116.pdf

Is that not a four and a half year old report into a trial of a PLT system
which delivered broadband access via power supply lines, rather than a product
which makes use of internal power cabling to provide home networking? (I
realise the underlying tech is similar, though things have moved on a bit in
that time, but context is somewhat important, no?)

M.

*Simon Thompson MEng MIET*
Research and Development Engineer
PRINCE2^TM Registered Practitioner