On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 17:41, Brendan Quinn <brendan.qu...@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have been asked if we know some people who are doing interesting things
> with the "NoSQL" family of "databases"… CouchDB, Tokyo Cabinet, Voldemort,
> etc etc.
>
> Any ideas or stories to tell? We have some people who can talk about the
> work we're doing on CouchDB but I'm sure there are many others out there
> too.

I’m doing schemaless (“NoSQL”) work on top of MySQL and Postgres.

Fairly similar in method to this:

http://jamesgolick.com/2009/12/16/introducing-friendly-nosql-with-mysql-in-ruby.html

…although I’m accessing it from Objective C and PHP, rather than Ruby.

Schema changes are a bit of a pain, but no moreso than any other large database.

M.