On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 22:37, Mo McRoberts <m...@nevali.net> wrote:
> So, what does everyone think?

It's very pretty, but I think it represents one of the more
significant moments in Apple's transition from computer company to
rich-media toy company. Which is great and all, but for the things I
do, I use computers, not rich media toys.

A quote from Apple COO Tim Cook: "We believe that we need to own and
control the primary technologies behind the products we make"

Err, no thanks.

No more Macs. I'm done feeding this beast - for the same reason I was
done feeding the Microsoft beast a few years ago.

I'm not sure what I do now. I'll continue using the Mac I have until
it needs replacing. Then whatever I get won't be a Mac. If Linux still
doesn't quite fit, I'll hack together a Hackintosh. I'm hoping that in
the next year or two, I can finally move over to the open source
Promised Land. ;)

See
http://tommorris.org/wiki/Things_preventing_me_from_moving_to_Linux_full_time

--