-----Original Message-----
From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk [mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Mo McRoberts
Sent: 01 February 2010 13:21
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] BBC R&D Move- Video

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:57, Ant Miller <ant.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Better late than never I realise that I neglected to flag this short
>> film to the Backstage list.  We shot it two weeks ago and very quickly
>> edited and loaded it up last week. Apologies for the video quality-
>> we've been having slight nightmares getting good quality files out of FCP
>> and into iPlayer!.

>Sounds like a backstage blog post in the making ;)

Or maybe not :)

Although I got to say there are many reasons why backstage does not use iplayer
for distribution of media. Hopefully one day that won't be the case.

Oh you might also be interested that R&DTV ep3 (long edition) was edited using
only Kdenlive on Ubuntu -
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/guides/2010/01/video-editing-in-linux-a-look-at-pitivi-and-kdenlive.ars