On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 17:17, Ian Forrester <ian.forres...@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes I know widgets are so 2008 but its interesting that the W3's Mobile
> widget spec is actually being used for Opera's Widget platform. HTML, CSS,
> JavaScript and SVG, seems ideal ground for developers to quickly make useful
> widgets

Hey, I use widgets regularly! There's even a key on my keyboard
specifically (marked) for displaying all the widgets I have enabled
(but I am a dirty Mac user).

I tend not to hold out much hope when it comes to Opera's neat
innovations: they don't really have the market-share to drive
"horizontal" uptake, as it were. Most of this stuff tends to end up
languishing along with the rest of the browser (from the perspective
of the number of people actually using it, I mean).

M.