I was, for the third time in my life, getting really down about a stupid law
being passed (other two being the Local Government Act 1988 and the Criminal
Justice and Public Order Act 1994) when this cheered me up a little:

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/04/law-firm-to-quit-chasing-file-sharing-pirates-210736

On 9 April 2010 12:37, Christopher Woods <chris...@infinitus.co.uk> wrote:

>> "IP" mixed
>> > Yes, but what happens when they debate other technical issues?
>> > Medical, military, etc. None of us are experts in all fields....
>>
>> None of us are setting government policy, influencing public
>> opintion or writing laws in the fields we're inexpert in,
>> though.  I hope.
>

> Whilst watching the DEB proceedings, I felt the urge to have some kind of
> big red button on my table connected to a massive klaxon and a laser
display
> board just above the Speaker's Chair. So much waffle and
> intervention/counter-intervention not much was actually said that was
> sensible, relevant and concise. Oh well, democracy in action... I only
wish
> I could vote 'out of constituency' as such so I could place my local
> government vote for one of the clueful MPs. I'm stuck with Gisela Stuart
and
> Clare Short :(
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
 Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/

follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/briantist
web: http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover