Hi all,

We've posted a limited update on the Backstage blog with some information
about Ian's illness and recovery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcbackstage/2010/05/ian-forrester.shtml

There's is more detailed information but we're being sensitive about sharing
it and not at this time broadcasting it on shared channels such as this or
the blog- for what it's worth, it's good news so far today.

As and when we're happy to share information more widely we'll share it on
Backstage blog, and here.

Ian will I'm sure be deeply moved by the many heartfelt messages of support
that have been flooding in on this and other channels.

One other point I'd like to make is that we feel it's very unhelpful for
there to be speculation on his medical condition- this means that I've asked
for all comments to be pre-moderated, and if comments make secon hand
speculation about his state of health we'll pull them.  May seem a bit
harsh, and I know everyone means well, but it's really not appropriate,

Cheers

Ant

--
Ant Miller